Carrot dogs?! That’s right, marinated carrots topped with your favorite condiments and greens make for a healthy and tasty dog.
recipe by @rainbowlfoods
Vegan Bulgogi Carrot Dogs
A brightly colored dog that is full of tasty flavor
- 6 Carrots
- 6 Hot dogs
- 1 cup Vegetable Broth
- 1/4 cup Lucky Foods Seoul Bulgogi Sauce
- 1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Lucky Foods Seoul Sweet & Spicy Kimchi Hot Sauce
- 1/4 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- Peel the carrots and trim ends as needed to shape into carrot dogs. Use your buns as a guide for how long to make them.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and add the carrots. Cook for 10+ minutes until they are tender and you can poke them through with a fork. You don’t want them to get too soft though.
- Remove carrots from the water and mix them into a container or plastic bag containing vegetable broth, Bulgogi Sauce, apple cider vinegar, Sweet & Spicy Kimchi Hot Sauce, maple syrup, and garlic powder.
- Seal the container or bag, making sure the carrots are covered in marinade.
- Place in the refrigerator for 3+ hours or overnight.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat or prepare your barbecue.
- Add marinated carrot dogs to the grill and cook 5+ minutes on each side until heated through and grill marks are visible.
- Finish with your favorite toppings — like Lucky Foods Seoul Kimchi Mayo and microgreens!