Another amazing recipe from our friend Sarah @eatlivelearn.
This recipe puts a spin on traditional pizza and has lots of room for customizing because pizza is all about creativity.
The pulled “pork” is made from king oyster mushrooms and the sauce is a blend of tomato paste and gochujang, giving it a Korean spin right down to the base.
A healthy amount of Kimchi and our Kimchi Mayo ensures a bold, flavor-packed pizza. We promise you won’t miss the pepperoni.
Korean Inspired Pizza
- sheet pan
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 3 tbsp Lucky Foods Gochujang
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
BBQ Pulled "Pork"
- 4 king oyster mushrooms
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp salt and paprika
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup bbq sauce
- 1 pizza dough
- 1.5 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup Lucky Foods Kimchi
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 3 scalions
- 1/4 cup Kimchi Mayo
- cilantro and red pepper flakes optional
- Preheat oven to 400°F (204°C)
- Sauce: Mix together all the sauce ingredients, set aside.
- BBQ Pulled "Pork". Using two forks, shred the mushroom stems and caps roughly into pieces. Spread out on a parchment paper lined pan. Drizzle with oil, paprika, salt, cayenne, and garlic. Toss around to evenly coat the mushrooms. Bake for 20 minutes, or until mushrooms are a bit crispy and brown on the edges. Remove from oven, place mushrooms in bowl and toss in bbq sauce. Set aside. Increase oven temperature to 450°F for the pizza.
- Dough: Grease a large pan, dust with cornmeal (optional). Roll pizza dough out into a large circle or rectangle (depending on the shape of your pan), then transfer dough to the pan.
- Assemble: Spread your sauce evenly onto the pizza, leaving about ½ inch free around the outside. Sprinkle on 1 cup of cheese, then top with BBQ mushrooms, kimchi, red onion, and scallions. Sprinkle on remaining cheese. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and golden brown in spots.
- Serve: Slice and serve warm, drizzle with Kimchi Mayo, fresh cilantro, and crushed red pepper flakes!