We love a recipe that comes together in under 30 minutes, with just 4 easy steps. This one saves on time, but doesn’t skimp on flavor! Lucky Foods Kimchi and Kimchi Hot Sauce bring the bold, tasty flavor, while daikon and silken tofu offer up varied textures.
This recipe can easily be adapted to accommodate many variations. Try it will noodles, soft boiled egg, or other proteins. We especially like it with shiitake mushrooms.
Recipe by @eatlivelearn
- 6 scallions
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp ginger minced
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 4 cups veggie broth
- 2 Tbsp Lucky Foods Kimchi Hot Sauce
- 1 medium daikon radish peeled and sliced into ¼ inch rounds
- 1 cup Lucky Foods Vegan Kimchi
- 1/2 12 oz. package of silken tofu
- soy sauce as needed
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- PREP: slice the scallions, separating the white and the green hollow parts. Mince the garlic, and finely grate the ginger..
- SAUTE: Heat oil in a large skillet or pan over medium heat. Add the white parts of the scallions, garlic, ginger, and mushrooms. Cook, stirring often, until mushrooms are soft (about 8 minutes) .
- SIMMER: Add broth, Kimchi Hot Sauce, and daikon radish. Bring to a simmer, cover, and cook until radish is slightly softened (about 10 minutes)
- SERVE: Stir in kimchi and tofu. Taste and add soy sauce to taste. Ladle into serving bowls and top with the green onions.