A Korean spin on a classic American side dish, sweet potatoes. This hearty stuffed sweet potato can be served as a filling meal on its own or a side dish.
Sweet potatoes cook up quickly in the pressure cooker, making this an easy weeknight recipe. We love that the whole recipe is made in your pressure cooker — easy prep, easy cleanup!
Lucky Foods Kalbi sauce, traditionally used as a Korean BBQ marinade, creates a sweet and savory flavor profile that melds beautifully with the creamy, sweet potatoes.
Get creative and pile on extra toppings! We love this recipe with a little extra heat from our Kimchi Mayo!
Chickpea Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- pressure cooker
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1/2 cup Lucky Foods Kalbi Sauce
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- salt to taste
- Rinse and poke fork holes in the sweet potatoes.
- Drain chickpeas and rinse well, removing any excess skins.
- Mix chickpeas, BBQ sauce, and spices in the bottom of the pressure cooker.
- Place a steaming rack with sweet potatoes on top.
- Using the “Pressure” button, set the Instant Pot to pressure cook on HIGH pressure for 18 minutes. Depending on the model of Instant Pot you are using, this button may be called something else — like “Manual” or “Pressure Cook”.
- Once the timer goes off, allow the pressure cooker to naturally release pressure — this will take about 10 minutes. Once complete, turn the venting knob to the Venting position to release any remaining pressure before removing the lid.
- Remove sweet potatoes from the Instant Pot and select the “Sauté” setting.
- Sauté the chickpeas until the sauce thickens — about 3 minutes.
- Cut the sweet potatoes down the middle and stuff with the BBQ chickpeas.
- Top as you please — try tomatoes, green onion, avocado, or your favorite sauces like Lucky Foods Kimchi Mayo!