Plant-based burgers packed full of nutrients and flavor. Lucky Foods Kalbi Sauce adds a sweet and savory Korean spin.
These patties are great on the grill or cooked in a pan. They hold together well and are packed full of all the good stuff – sweet potatoes, quinoa, black beans — and there’s no shortage of flavor thanks to Lucky Foods KBBQ Kalbi sauce. We enjoy them piled high with Kimchi and Kimchi Hot Sauce.
Recipe created by our friend, Sarah @rainbowlfoods.
Kalbi KBBQ Veggie Burgers
- food processor
- 2 "flax eggs" (2 tablespoons ground flaxseed + 6 tablespoons water)
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 cup black beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup cooked/mashed sweet potato
- 1/3 cup chopped green onion
- 2 tbsp Lucky Foods Kalbi BBQ Sauce + more for glazing
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- To make flax eggs: Mix flaxseed meal with water. Let sit for 10+ minutes.
- Put walnuts in a food processor and pulse until coarse.
- Add beans and oats and pulse until roughly mixed.
- Transfer to a bowl and add cooked quinoa, mashed sweet potato, green onion, Kalbi Sauce, Kimchi Hot Sauce, and spices.
- Mix well and form into patties.
- Brush extra BBQ sauce on top of patties before cooking.
- Cook patties 4-5 minutes on each side on a barbecue or grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Place on a bun, add condiments and toppings of your choice
Have a recipe you’d like to share? We love seeing all the creative ways you eat Lucky Foods! Tag us on Instagram @EatLuckyFoods, or submit your recipe here.