Taco night is always a good night, and your next taco night is sure to be a hit with these Korean inspired eggplant tacos by @liveeatlearn
They can be made completely vegan by using a non-dairy yogurt for the coleslaw, and are ready in less than 30 minutes. Don’t forget to grab some of your favorite toppings to stack on top. We suggest Kimchi or Kimchi Hot Sauce for an extra kimchi kick.
Korean Eggplant Tacos
- 1 medium eggplant
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Lucky Foods Gochujang
- 3 cups shredded coleslaw about 1/2, 14 oz. bag
- 1/4 cup Lucky Foods Kimchi Mayo
- 1/4 cup Greek Yogurt for vegan option, use dairy free alternative
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 4-6 tortillas
- Preheat oven to 425 fahrenheit
- Cut eggplant into cubes. You can leave the skin on for added nutrients or remove it if the texture bothers you.
- In a large bowl, mix together olive oil and gochujang. Add eggplant and toss to evenly coat.
- Spread evenly on a baking sheet, cook for 15 minutes, tossing around once while baking. Cook until soft and tender.
- While eggplant cookes combine colelaw, Kimchi Mayo and lime juice in a bowl
- Turn on broiler, move sheet of eggplant to the top rack to brown the outer edges. Watch closely as this will go quickly.
- Warm tortillas in mircowave or oven
- To assemple, spoon in eggplant, add coleslaw and top with your favorite toppings such as kimchi, cilantro, hot sauce, avocado, etc.