About the Position
Come for a job and stay for a career! Lucky Foods is rapidly growing as a manufacturer of non-GMO and plant based Asian foods. Our products are found nation-wide at all the major grocery stores. Be part of a winning team and workplace community that cares about who you are as an individual, and your safety in the workplace.
The Production Operator I will work directly with Production Supervisors and Production Line Leads to prioritize the best fit for the roles the Operator will assume. All activities of the Production Operator I are dedicated to ensuring the safety and quality of the food manufacturing process, as well as the efficient use of equipment while adhering to all CGMP’s and Lucky Food production processes. These activities are focused on the duties needed for Spring Roll production but may include cross departmental duties as needed. Operators in Spring Roll production will be trained on sanitation, mixing, rolling spring rolls, frying, packaging, and assisting with appropriate machine operations as requested by the Production Line Lead.
- The Production Operator I will follow all Lucky Food company policies and procedures while carrying out all other duties assigned by the Production line Lead and/or any member of the production management team.
- The Production Operator I will follow all CGMP’s, SQF Guidelines, GFCO, company policies and procedures, and Kosher Requirements.
- Reliable transportation.
- Carpooling is encouraged but you are still responsible for your own transportation.
- Ability to lift 20 – 50 pounds.
- Standing or being mobile during production.
- Work in a cool environment, mainly 55°F
- High school diploma
- Food manufacturing experience
- Bi-Lingual Spanish/English
- Ensure that, while inside the production area you are wearing proper and prescribed PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), Hairnets, Snood (If applicable), Non-Slip Shoes, Gloves and Aprons (As Necessary).
- Ensure that your hairnet is fully covering all hair, nails are clean and trimmed (no nail polish), face mask is worn at all times, no jewelry is allowed, no personal items are carried into the production area and only prescribed PPE is allowed.
- Ensure that all food safety guidelines and procedures are being followed so that all products manufactured by Lucky Food employees meet or exceed FDA, SQF Guidelines, GFCO and Kosher Requirements.
- Ensure that all equipment, utensils, and tools are cleaned and sanitized properly according to Lucky Food sanitizing processes and verified with QC for operations.
- Ensure that all food production processes are followed to meet or exceed quality and food safety standards.
- Mixing: Ensure that only the correct ingredients and recipes are being used. Minimize all cross-contamination risks from allergens or hazards.
- Rolling: Proper weight and rolling technique and speed.
- Frying: Maintain proper oil temperature and internal cooking temperature.
- Packaging: Quality check of spring rolls prior to loading and case packing.
- Full time, on-site
- Hours M-F 3:00-11:30PM
- 4 week training period with 1st Shift (M-F 7AM-3:30PM)
- Transition to 2nd Shift April 2022