About the Position
As a key member of our rapidly growing organization, the Maintenance Technician will be responsible for inspecting, adjusting, repairing, and maintaining the plant and all equipment. This role reports directly to the Plant Manager.
Qualifications + Skills
- Minimum 2 years experience as a maintenance technician in a food manufacturing facility.
- Skilled in the use of hand and power tools.
- Critical thinking ability to detect and troubleshoot equipment malfunctions.
- Ability to read blueprints, repair manuals, parts catalogs, etc., as necessary.
- Experience with precision measuring instruments and electronic testing devices.
- Experience maintaining a Preventative Maintenance program.
- Experience with safety precautions when working on or around machinery.
- Conduct routine inspections of premises and equipment for potential failures.
- Maintain a critical parts inventory.
- Become familiar with the operation of all equipment and perform periodic, scheduled preventative maintenance on all machines.
- Perform advanced mechanical repairs and basic electrical troubleshooting.
- Oversee contractors when working within our facility.
- Diagnose mechanical and electric issues and develop a plan for repairs.
- Strictly abide by safety regulations, assuring lockout/tagout procedures are being followed.
- Instruct operators in the safe and efficient operation of all equipment.
- Maintain accurate records of all repairs, parts on hand, tools and equipment.
part time, on-site
Job Category: production
Job Type: Part Time
Job Location: on site