About the Position
The Second-Shift Production Manager for Lucky Food, LLC reports directly to the Plant Manager. The Production Manager works closely with the Plant Manager, Food Safety Manager, Managers, and team members to create a fun, safe, and highly efficient production environment. The Production Manager will ensure that all product safety requirements are being met, that employees are following CGMP’s, SQF Processes, GFCO, and Kosher Requirements, and that, in keeping with Lucky Food, LLC., employee policies, and procedures are being adhered to. All activities of the Production Manager are dedicated to ensuring the safety and quality of the food manufacturing process as well as the efficient use of equipment. These activities include assigning tasks to team members, observing all processes, and taking corrective actions when needed.
Qualifications + Skills
- 5+ years’ experience in food manufacturing operations, preferably at the supervisor or higher level managing 15 employees or more.
- Microsoft Office Suite and Google Docs proficient.
- Working knowledge of OSHA and EPA regulations.
- Proven track record of successfully training employees in productivity and safety.
- Ability to coach and mentor team members on a one-on-one basis as well as a group.
- Excellent command of the English language.
- Bachelor’s degree in related fields.
- Bi-lingual Spanish/English
Full Time, On-Site
Sunday 7:00AM to 3:30PM;
Monday – Thursday 3:30PM to 12:00AM (Midnight)
- Ensure that the food safety program at Lucky Food is being followed by all production team supervisors members.
- Plan the production schedule to maximize productivity, yield, and customer requirements.
- Learn and understand the set up and operation of all production machinery.
- Ensure that all team members follow industry standard health and safety guidelines.
- Manage the production workforce to achieve production, food safety, and customer requirements.
- Ensure that all production machinery is set up correctly and running properly at the beginning of each shift.
- Manage and evaluate machine resources to ensure productivity and minimal downtime.
- Strive to reduce expenses and increase productivity across all product lines.
- Strive to achieve 100% uptime on all production processes and machinery.
- Achieve and maintain a strong understanding of the operations of all production manufacturing machinery.
- Set ambitious production goals and communicate them to key personnel.
- Provide motivation, support, and guidance to all team members.
- Communicate any problems or obstacles to senior management.
- Establish workflow policies that enhance speed and efficiency without compromising product safety or integrity.
- Oversee the duties and responsibilities of the Production Supervisors.